Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Into the Fire" by Thirteen Senses





Song: "Into the Fire" by: Thirteen Senses 

Feeling: Serene, powerful, calm, awake, infinite (because I remembered The Perks of Being a Wallflower and the entry sounds kind of epic when you slap the word 'infinite' on it)

Description: So this entry is using the song "Into the Fire" by the band Thirteen Senses. The first time I head the song it was in a video we saw in class about the revolution in Egypt and the song sort of made everything feel epic and inspirational so I decided to use it for this entry. The feeling is supposed to be calmness, serenity and infinite. As you may have guessed I  read The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (Good book!) I got the idea from that book (Thanks Stephen Chbosky :). I always wondered what song Charlie (The main character) was listening to in the scene where the quote "And I swear we were infinite" comes up and I thought maybe it was somehting like this one. But then again it might have been totally different, but this song sort of makes me feel pretty epic. And maybe that feeling is nothing alike to what Charlie was feeling in that scene, and maybe what I feel is not even 'infinite' at all and I am doing a terrible job of describing 'infinite' and 'serene' and 'calm', and maybe that's because I haven't felt and/or it's just something that can't be described (Or I'm just not good at describing 'serenity', 'calmness' or 'infinite'. The last option is probably correct). Just like the song that Charlie was listening to can't be named, it's special, for that moment only. And maybe I'm just rambling on and not making any sense and I should stop. 
       Well on another note I'm not really sure the story has anything to do with the song. I don't really know what the band wanted to express when they wrote the song, but to me the song feels calm and serene and powerful all at the same time. So I tried to put that in, although I don't think I did a very good job. 



Story: 
   You could write the night sky out into letter, name all the stars that specked it, draw the moon and even steal the wind that whistled past it. But you wouldn’t be able to capture that moment.
            That Moment was infinite.
          Just as Charlie1 said, That moment felt infinite. It felt powerful as it struck down into time coming and going in seconds. It felt as if the world had just released the breath it had been holding in. As if the wind was laughing and the stars were singing a melody composed by the moon. The universe, in all it’s might of planets and galaxies, it seemed to be made small by that moment, it seemed to stop and watch that moment in all it’s glory. It felt as if it was imprinted in time. Embroidered into the night sky above and sung about by the wind. Energy whistled into its being, a calm serene flame that sparked the air into cool fire, beckoning you to jump into it. It felt as if your mind could reach the extremes of the earth, as if it could touch every dark corner of the world.
            And then it ended.
            It was the collection of heartbeats, and a couple of breaths, the combination of a couple of blinks, and it was over. The moment… Gone. The wind and stars stopped singing and the world took back its breath and resumed to hold it. The universe it picked up again, forgetting those couple of seconds as it forgets the stars that have died out. Actually, truth is the world never even stopped. It never held it’s breath for that one instant nor did it breathe out. It just kept on going. The stars and wind have always been silent and the universe just ignored that small eclipse of greatness go by, as it does with all the other ones.
            It was gone. Forgotten. What moments ago had felt like forever was reduced to an instant.
            But it didn’t matter. It didn’t matter because in that moment you felt infinite. In that moment every breath you took felt like the first after you’ve been holding it under water, the first inhale of life that fills up your burning lungs. In that moment your heart was the loudest drum. You voice, even though quiet, was the shout of freedom. Your mind spoke volumes. It was tangled and wrought up wrestling with your thoughts, in that moment it was serene. In that moment it was a beautiful mess that took even the moon’s breath away. In that moment it was infinite. In that moment it didn’t matter if the world was listening or not.
            In that moment you felt infinite, and some times that’s all you need to feel to be incredible. 


1: Main character from the book  The Perks of Being a Wallflower by the amazing author Stephen Chbosky, where the quote "And I swear we were infinite" comes from, which is also where I got the idea. So thanks Stephen for writing that. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I also read that book! It is really great! I was the same as you because I wanted to know what the main character was listening to ( he said he loved to make records and listen to music) so I wrote all the names down to listen to the songs. You have really great descriptions, I like how yo explained the song, It is pretty calm :) Good Job!

    ReplyDelete