Song: "Crystal Ball" by Keane
Felling: Dream-like, creative
Description: I've always liked Keane songs because they ahve a certain uniqueness about them especially this one , which to em sounds as if it comes form a dream or some sort of fantasy which, I guess, is also why I chose it for this story. The song is "Crystal Ball" by Keane. I don;t really know what the band was trying to say with it, but to me it sounds creative and as if it comes from the depths of their imagaination. Also I think it sort of is trying to describe the feeling of wanting to find magic and fantasy in the world. The feeling is creative, or dream-like. I don't think I did a marvelous job of portraying those, but oh well. :)
Story:
She
liked to read books.
She
devoured them whole, taking them down from their shelves and gobbling up their
words, her eyes breathing in the letters and her fingers flying rapidly turning
the delicate paper.
Books
were her form of escape, her form of treading off into dreamlike worlds. Her
way of shedding off the real world that dragged her down and sprinting off into
one of dreams and possibilities.
She
especially liked fantasy ones. The ones that would revolve around magic, around
things she knew could not exist, but inside the pages they brought life and
became as real as the air she breathed. These were the books that made her feel
dream-like, the ones that would have her looking at the world a little harder,
trying to find a little bit of magic in it, thinking that maybe if she looked
hard enough, if she concentrated enough, she would see it.
She
would see it because she lived on the edges of reality, dancing on the thin
line of reality and dreams. Tipping over occasionally, loosing her balance and
drowning in the world of fantasies. She would fall into a world of dreams, she
would fall into a world where music could be held. A world where colors could
be invented, a world where the wind sang the sweetest of melodies which the
stars and moon would echo. A place in which the world would hold it’s breath
because of how radiant it was. A place where only for a moment the words which
she read would amplify to form walls, and cities, rivers that run through
grassy fields and fluffy white clouds would melt into sweet rain. A world that
felt dream-like, a world in which she the stranger, the guest that would fall
in love with the place. The intruder.
When
ever she read she would fly over to that world, to the small piece of land
owned and kept by her imagination and she would sit and watch into it. Spy in
on its characters, letting its warmth seep into her, its music enlight her,
letting the words take her up high beyond the reach of birds, close enough to
touch the stars. Making her feel magical as she swam in the seas of creativity
and ink, flew in the skies of imagination and touched the clouds of words.
Making her feel dream-like.
Isa, your post is amazing as well as your blog. I love how you are descriptive and show how you feel. I think your whole blog is perfect, you put in work above the requirements. I also like how you make a story relating to the song. This in my opinion makes the reader be inspired and comprehensive about what you feel when listening this song. This is AMAZING!!!! Keep up the good work. Frank
ReplyDelete